Sunday, June 6, 2010

Halfway There!

Today marks 20 weeks in my pregnancy! WHAT?!? I can't believe it. 20 weeks down, 20 to go. That's hard to believe. About three weeks ago I felt the baby move for the first time! It was so weird, but it was for SURE a kick. I've been feeling movement every day since then! It's pretty exciting. It likes to move more after I eat. At first I thought it was just because of the fact that my digestive system would start doing it's thing and making noise and things would start moving around, so it would kind of wake baby up, but I later read that eating raises your blood sugar a bit and gives baby a surge of energy! Pretty neat. No wonder it's moving a lot - I can't stop eating now! It seems that my appetite has returned with a vengance. I eat a lot these days. Which feels good to me since I hardly ate anything in the beginning months.

My last doctor's appointment went well and that day I scheduled the appointment for the big ultra sound where we'll find out the gender! That is THIS TUESDAY!!!! Oh I cannot wait. It seems like we've had to wait for ages for this day to arrive, but it's only been a month! What a long month. My belly is pretty sizable now, so I'm anxious to see how much I weigh. Last appointment I found out that since our positive pregnancy test, I have lost 10 pounds. I asked my doctor if that was ok, and she assured me that gaining weight is good for people who are at an average weight for their height. I was overweight when I got pregnant (still am of course), so it's ok that I am losing for now, but I should start gaining a little soon. The baby is getting bigger so I will be getting bigger. but losing a little weight is not a bad thing for me right now.

We signed up for our child birthing class this month!! It starts the first Monday in August, and will be every Monday for six weeks, except the class that falls on Labor Day will be moved to Tuesday. I am excited about that big step. We bought a changing table last weekend, and Daniel tore down our computer room! He was pretty excited about the changing table. It needed to be done though. We went from two computers to one, and moved it and a couple of other "office" things into the guest room so we could start the nursery when we wanted to.

Big changes have been happening! Things are going to get more exciting from here! We find out the gender on Tuesday and I am so looking forward to it! It's SO amazing to watch the baby move around on the ultra sound! Oh, and we don't have a preference on the gender, we'll be excited either way!

No comments: