Saturday, May 3, 2014

Project: Nursery

I have really enjoyed putting Levi's room together! It has seemed to be a little more fun than Gunner's was, probably because we already had lots of stuff from when Gunner was a baby. This time it was also easy for me to picture him using his room and the things in it considering we have done this once before and know what to expect. With Gunner, it was hard to imagine the room being used until he was actually here. Gunner makes it fun too! He is so excited about his baby brother and it has been really neat seeing how excited he has been helping us with the room.


I'll get right to it! I found a quilt on the Pottery Barn Kids site that I fell in love with, and used it as my inspiration. I didn't buy the quilt though, just used the colors and style and went from there.


This is Gunner's old crib! My mom made so much stuff for Levi's room. She made the beautiful crib skirt, which has a cute peek a boo pleat with green peeking through. It is adjustable which is amazing. As he grows and we have to lower the mattress, we can adjust the skirt with the height. Daniel and I made the wall hanging out of a big canvas (Hobby Lobby), crib sheet (Target), and letters and paint (Hobby Lobby). 



I found the lamp at Lowe's, the lamp shade at Target, curtains at Kohl's, totally adorable toy bin at Home Goods, and perfect rug at JC Penney. The anchor wall art we made out of a canvas and fabric I found at a very cool fabric store in Springfield, Missouri. 



The dresser area really turned out cute! We found the dresser at Furniture Factory Outlet after giving up hope to get the perfect one at IKEA. (We have never bought anything at Ikea, and had no idea how difficult it is to get anything there if you don't live near one of their stores.) The mirror and floating shelves are from Lowe's, striped basket from Home Goods, and toys from Gunner! 





Let's talk about my mother. She is an amazing lady. She has been sewing longer than I have been alive. I knew she was very talented, but she has completely and totally surprised us with the things she can do! She literally took one of my old changing pad covers home and made one from scratch, just by examining the commercially made one. So, naturally she did the same thing with a crib sheet. Oh, and burp cloths...and washable changing pad toppers, taggie blankets, bassinet sheets...you name it! She made the sweet turtle pillow cover, all the crib sheets (green, grey chevron, grey polka dot), three changing pad covers (green chevron minky, navy blue t-shirt material, green plaid flannel), baby blanket, and amazing quilt! This quilt looks almost identical to the one I found at Pottery Barn! (I have no idea what the back of that one looked like, so we found a cool coordinating fabric for the back)

She also made the cutest wet bag for diapers! (Sorry, I don't have a photo of that!)

She recently got an embroidery machine, and has been going bonkers with the thing. It's really fun seeing all the things she has made! She did a great job making the boys matching shirts. 




I wonder if he has enough clothes? I have to brag on Daniel here. This closet just had one small shelf that went halfway across the wall when we moved in. He took it down and built his own system, including cutting a thick metal pole for the rack. Much more functional now. Now I just need to organize the stuff ON the shelf a bit...


Check out this precious 31 bag! My sister in law (a 31 consultant!!!) gave this to us a couple of weeks ago. I cannot wait to use it!

I probably left some things out, who knows. Levi's room is basically complete! I may add a couple of wall decorations. I am really proud of the room, especially because it has so many items custom made by people who love him already. It really makes it a special project that has come together a little at a time. 









No comments: