Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Time Gets Away From Me

How unfortunate that my last post was about Levi's birth, and here we are now, 9 months later, and I'm planning his first birthday. Blogging doesn't seem to be a priority in my life. Maybe that's ok, because "ain't nobody got time for that."
Levi is almost 11 months old! Gunner is four and a half! Life is busy, stressful, messy, exhausting, and so much fun. I am still so thankful I get to stay home with them. 
Gunner has really grown so much in the last year. Last summer we got him a bicycle the day that Levi was born. (It was waiting in the attic. I didn't go to the store while I was in labor.) Over the summer, he learned to ride it very quickly, but preferred to stay in the driveway. The sidewalk had too many bumps, the road was too rough, and the beautiful walking trail that is just feet away from our house was too steep. Tears happened. Arguments about "just use your breaks" and "you don't have to get off and push" happened. It was more than frustrating. This spring, there is a totally different child riding that bike. He can easily keep up with us and do 2-3 miles now. He loves going fast down hills, too. Just yesterday, he mastered riding from the sidewalk to the road on a very steep area that he has ALWAYS gotten off and pushed for. Growing. Learning. Every day. He uses his helmet, but now I'm starting to think he needs knee and elbow pads. Not because I don't want him to get hurt, but more so because if he scrapes any part of his body, he cries for days. Bathtime with a scraped knee is not for the faint of heart. But he is learning and growing and it is so much fun to watch. 
Levi is just mister cute and squishy. He is such a ham and seems so much happier than his big brother did at his age. He's cruising everywhere as long as he can hold on to something, and has started seeing if he can let go and stand on his own for a few seconds. He is starting to learn to repeat sounds that we make, and copy our hand movements. The kid loves to eat. He doesn't have many things he doesn't like either. I've been trying to keep it interesting and feed him all sorts of different foods. He seems to have a bit of stubbornness or strong willed moments now and again. It will be interesting to see how this little guy turns out. 
They are both in Kids Day Out and this fall is the start of Gunner's last year there. In less than a year we will be registering him for kindergarten. It's so hard to believe. My nephew is 18 and graduating from high school next month and it's too much for me to think about! Time is flying by and there's nothing I can do to slow it down. So I'm hanging on as best I can. Let's enjoy the ride. 

No comments: