Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleepless nights, and we don't even have kids yet

Lately, I haven't been sleeping well. I don't know if it's the weather, stress, or what. I even have a hard time falling asleep, and that's not normal for me. Last night was the worst though. I can handle most things that wake me up, but this was a bit extreme. It starts out with me heading to bed around 10pm, as usual while Daniel finishes watching whatever show he's watching at the time. I'm just about to doze off when I hear Moxie getting in to something she wasn't supposed to be in, so I chase her around and spank her until she's under the bed, out of reach. I had returned a phone call to my friend but left a message telling her I was going to bed around 9 30, so she calls me back around 11ish. I haven't talked to her in a very long time so I got up and we talked for about an hour. This is all well and good...until around 1am. Daniel had come to bed at who knows what time and we were both sound asleep. Now, you'll have to understand that the TV in our room is different, and the buttons are on the top of it instead of on the front. Sometimes Siggy will jump up there and turn the thing on by stepping on a button but it's never done anything this weird before...

I guess he somehow hit just the right combination of buttons, but when that thing turned on, the volume was ALL the way up, and it sounded like it was a scratched CD skipping, but 10 times worse! It seriously sounded like a machine gun going off in our room. Needless to say I bolt up and start yelling "DANIEL! DAANIEEEL THE TV!!!" as he's waking up a little. (he is a very deep sleeper) He's halfway awake, staring at the alarm clock beside him and I start shoving him and yelling "DANIEL!! GET UP!! DO SOMETHING!" I'm still halfway asleep or I obviously could have fixed it myself, same goes for him. He gets up and starts hitting every button on the alarm clock...and I'm staring at him when I finally realize what he is doing and then try to reason with him. "DANIEL! NOT THAT! IT'S THE STUPID TV! COME OONNNN!" He then wakes up completely and yells "THEN YOU DO SOMETHING!" (you have to understand, if we didn't yell at each other, you couldn't hear the other one over the friggin MACHINE GUN IN THE TELEVISION...) So he runs over there while I meet him there and he hits every button except the volume, for some time I stand there like an idiot and watch him, then I yank the dang power cord out of the wall. Silence......we both start grumbling, fall in bed, and go back to sleep. This afternoon I realize how crazy this night was so I decide to tell my mom about it, and we end up laughing and crying about how hilarious this probably would have looked. The whole time this was happening, we have the windows open, Daniel is running around in his boxers, and we're screaming over this horrific blasting sound...I'm sure we woke someone in our neighborhood up....

3 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL. That sounds JUST like something I would do... stand there and yell at Mitch to do something.. haha

Jana said...

Funny story! I'm excited about your blog =)

Nikki said...

That would have been so funny to see! Not that at around 1 a.m. you guys found it very funny I'm sure!!! :)