Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Lunch Recipe

I've started being more careful about what I eat lately. I've got the running thing down so I thought to kick it into weight loss mode I would start eating better. I'm taking it slow. None of this "I will only eat lettuce!" or "Zero carbs forever!" because I get burned out in like a day. So, baby steps.
I bought stuff to make wraps for lunch! I really love the ease and versatility you get with doing wraps. Here is what I had today. It was really great.
Start with a wrap. I have garden spinach herb wraps. You can find them where they have tortillas at the store. They're pretty big so you will be full with one.
Spread a flavored cream cheese on it. I like using the low fat options like garden veggie. Spread a very small amount of dijon mustard on that. A little goes a long way. Cover with lots of lettuce. I prefer romaine. Then put deli turkey slices on top. I use a lot of lettuce and turkey to fill it up. On top of that I added a small amount of grated cheese, then some bacon bits because I thought I had real bacon pieces but did not and I really wanted a bit of bacon, diced tomato and whatever else you like! Roll it up, cut it in half and enjoy. Super yummy.
You can do just about any combo, and it's a great way to use up leftovers.
There you have it! Quite delicious and filling.

No comments: