Wednesday, August 11, 2010



We attended our first birthing class Monday night, and it was great! I was nervous about it but it went very well and was informative and fun too. It was about 2 ½ hours long, but it flew by. We sat around learning about some things, talking about pain and how to deal with it, and the last part of the class involved everyone sitting on mats in a circle with their coach doing breathing exercises. We then tried out some massage techniques for labor, which was fun. I can’t wait for Daniel to sit and massage my hands and feet for seventeen + hours. =) I could get used to that! I’m sure he’s thrilled about that idea too… I think it will be very helpful for us to learn all this information though. Its kind of fun to do this with Daniel, neither one of us have ever done anything like this so this is a new exciting adventure for us to share together. Plus, we have way too much fun in anything we do so of course we got tickled during the breathing exercises. I have a feeling we will both be more serious during the real deal.

Our instructor for our birthing class has suggested that we pick out some music to listen to during labor. Of course, Daniel and I have lots of really hilarious ideas.

Crazy Train
Eye of the Tiger
Theme from Rocky
Chariots of Fire
The Final Countdown

My more serious selections include:
John Mayer
Feist
David Crowder Band
smooth jazz
instrumental guitar

I have never gone through labor and delivery, so I really have no idea what type of music will help. Who knows, maybe I will feel the need to stick with all techno and trance music. Get me some glow sticks and I’ll be good! HA!

Got any song suggestions, funny or otherwise? Share them!

No comments: