Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm a Stay At Home Mom Now

Well this is my first week of being totally on my own with Gunner. My mom and Daniel were here most of the first week, and my mom moved in with us the second week, but today marks my first day "on the job". As most of you know, we decided it would be best if I could stay home with our kids for their first few years, so I left Arvest Bank a few days before Gunner was born. My first day off was a Thursday, and the following day I went into labor, so we were cutting it close! It was hard to leave, I had been there for six years! But ultimately it was the best decision for us to make for our family.

So this is it! This is my new life. It's very exciting and I love it so far! It's way hard, but I am learning. I spend most of my time taking care of the little guy, so I'm going to have to figure out how to properly manage my time where I can get household chores done during the day. Over the last day or two, he has seemed to be "cluster feeding", so I feel like I am CONSTANTLY feeding him. He hasn't slept much during the day but the last few nights he's had six hour stretches which has been so nice. But I haven't had a lot of time in between feedings during the day to get much done. Luckily, Mom helped me get totally caught up on chores before she left so there's not a ton to do....yet.

Baby Milestone:
Gunner is enjoying a little more "play time" where he is content to lay in his bed or sit in the swing while he's awake, and not fuss! Big step.

Mommy Milestone:
I managed to get a shower with no one here to watch Gunner! He was asleep in his bassinet, and I rolled it in my bathroom so I could check on him...lol I'm still having a hard time letting him be out of my sight. I haven't dried my hair yet...maybe I can master that another day. Baby steps!

1 comment:

Erica, Chris, and Kinsler said...

Have no fear it does get easier learning to manage everything. I still have yet to master the whole getting to shower AND dry your hair thing. That's a pretty rare occasion and it usually occurs with Chris holding Kinsler in the bathroom while I'm drying my hair. HA!