Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Losing

I have officially lost 35 pounds since Gunner was born. I honestly thought I would keep every bit of the weight I gained during pregnancy on, but it's been falling off. And in all reality, I haven't been doing much to get rid of it! Sadly, I bet if I actually worked at it I would have lost much more by now. It's just been hectic getting into the swing of things.
I started out by losing all of the pregnancy weight within the first 2 months. (Technically, I was able to "fit" into my pre-prego jeans within 10 days, but just because you can get them buttoned does not mean you should go out in public wearing them...I should know. Everyone I came in contact with was in danger of having a jean button pop them in the eye at any moment) Then I continued to lose more after that. Even though I am still no where near my ideal weight, it makes me feel really good about myself. My skinny jeans are now just jeans. Even though I did lose that weight, I still have the awful, flabby, floppy, stretch mark riddled skin around my mid section. Gross. That will take time to get rid of.
I am part of a team from our church doing a fitness challenge, and it's helped me get moving. Also the fact that I'm not sitting at a desk for 9 hours each day helps. I'm up and moving around the house, carrying laundry and a baby, cleaning...
Maybe if I lost another 5 pounds I will try to post a pre-prego and post-prego pic together for comparison. Maybe...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats Mandy!! You should be super proud of yourself! Its hard work losing weight.

Erica, Chris, and Kinsler said...

Congrats!!