Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's up?

A lot has happened the last few weeks. I'll do my best to make it interesting and concise.

The week of every one's normal spring break, Gunner and I went down to Fairfield Bay. We stayed with Nanny and Pawpaw! He and I left Wednesday morning and Daniel came down on Friday afternoon. We spent some good time making memories and enjoying ourselves. We did some visiting, running around, lots of eating, a little walking and all the while were entertained by Gunner. He really got to know Nanny well and I think she enjoyed him too. The trip was our first time to be away from Daniel since Gunner was born. I was excited about getting away for a while but anxious about the drive. It went well though! He did great both ways.

Sunday we packed up the cars and headed home. The following day I woke up with my "usual" back pain. It was getting hard to haul Gunner around so by mid morning I called my dad to see if he would come help me out. He needed to head home before Daniel could make it home, but by the time Daniel got here I was in excruciating pain and could not stand it. For the majority of the next two weeks, I spent most of my time lying on an ice pack in bed. I've got a long history of back issues. I'm not sure exactly what caused it. Was it that time in elementary school when I got air going down one of those old metal slides on the playground? (I am pretty sure I cracked my tail bone...such terrible pain...) Was it the fact that I was a tummy sleeper until the age of 23? Was it all the stress on my body due to being on the dance team for 6 years? Or was it that time when I slipped in the restaurant and landed on one of my two butt bones? It could be a combo of everything in life. All I know is that now I have a slipped disc and occasionally I have flare ups that are so painful I can hardly move at all. I'm still not totally recovered, but I am much better. Out of 9 week days, I had someone here taking care of Gunner for me for seven of them. (Big shout out to Daniel, my mom and my dad for coming to my rescue so much) Daniel has pretty much been running the house, doing all the cleaning and cooking, taking care of me and Gunner, and working during the day. He's been super dad. Thanks babe.

In Gunner news, he has learned to roll over! He has grown out of several things and is getting chunky and round every minute of the day. We've still been plagued with getting up two and three times each night with a hungry baby. I'm working on getting him out of that habit, but it might take forever. In the rolling over department, he is a pro now. He rolls around the living room floor on accident sometimes. Other times, he gets stuck on his tummy and then hollers at me to come help him. He is doing the movements to crawl but can't quite get up on his hands and knees, but he can scoot in a circle somehow and it's just hilarious to watch him. As far as his sleeping...it's not so good. He is taking good naps during the day, but he is waking up every three hours at night. It makes me crazy. I am exhausted during the day. And he hasn't been eating quite enough, so I started pumping to monitor his ounce intake. Since I started doing that, he has really gained weight! He has a little ear infection right now so he's having a hard time nursing. It makes it very hard to get anything done during the day because it takes up so much time to pump and then wash bottles and things. I really hope he can get this eating and sleeping thing under control again. I feel like I might go insane soon!

We're getting ready to take some family photos soon along with Gunner's six month pictures. I'm so excited! He is just a doll and I think these will be really cute pictures.

That just about covers it! I'm going to be very busy this week. I hope I can get back in the swing of things!

No comments: