Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Anniversary, Cookouts and Fireworks

Well, we made it through the week!! We had our second anniversary on June 30th and we decided to take the day off from work and head to Tulsa to visit the zoo! It really was a super fun day!
The sloth was sleeping while hanging. lol
These bats were hanging right above our heads.
The poison dart frogs in the rainforest exhibit were my favorite!!! You could have reached out and grabbed one if you wanted...then possibly died from the poison..but still, so cool.
This bird was wandering around.
The pink flamingo's reminded me of Alice in Wonderland.
My favorite animal of all time!
After the zoo, we cooled off at Jamba Juice, went to a Super Target (has a grocery section, and everything), then caught Transformers II at the Tulsa IMAX! This was Daniel's first IMAX movie and he loved it. We went to Red Robin for dinner then headed home around 8pm. It was a great anniversary.
On the Forth of July, we had almost everyone in Daniel's family and my family over for a cookout! It was a blast. We had a great time together.
Later that night we went to the Arvest Ballpark to catch the fireworks show. I have an amazing setting on my camera for taking photos of fireworks. It takes the photo over a span of a few seconds. Amazing.
Finale!!
On Sunday we had a birthday bash for my sister, Laura who turned 35 on Monday the 6th. Happy birthday sis!!!

2 comments:

cherie said...

Belated happy anniversary, and 4th of July!

Your blogs are fun and I want to follow it, but don't know how to add links yet. Could you add me to your list, please? My blog is called Stories For My Sons...i only have one post for now, but will be adding more in a while.

Thanks! More power.

"Elle" Lee said...

Great fun! Your fireworks pictures turned out great!! I expecially love the picture of me blowing out my candles--do I always look THAT goofy? Wow. I love to read your blog! :D