Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nice Little Saturday

The most I got accomplished today as far as household chores was the laundry. I managed to do every bit of it, washed, dried, folded, and put away. That is an accomplishment to me. It seems to take me a couple of days to get it all done most of the time. There wasn't a whole lot else that needed to be done, so I decided to make a couple of things I had been wanting to make. The first was salsa.

I had gone online to http://www.allrecipes.com/ and looked up several of the plain tomato salsa recipes. I gathered what I liked from most of them and decided to make my own concoction. I must say, it was a lot more work than I thought but it was my best salsa yet. Oh man it was delicious.

I began with quartering my tomatoes (from my back yard garden, by the way) and then broiled them a bit.


Before




After



I also stuck a halved home grown jalepeno in there to broil as well. I diced it and half of an onion, cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces, added a dash of salt and pepper, a large handful of chopped cilantro, a couple of tablespoons of lime juice and a dash of cumin..and......

Salsa!

It was delicious!


I got bored again around 6pm and decided to make another recipe. I have a recipe (again on the website) for "Whoopie Pies" which are like home made oatmeal cream pies. I didn't have any oats, so I found a recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I left out the chocolate chips, made the cookies, made the filling, and created my own Little Debbie snacks!! Ohhh Daniel was so proud. They were really good and adorable.

1 comment:

mrscooke said...

I want an oatmeal cream pie!!!